Powered by dBVision bringing more than 30 years’ experience on submarines and vessels, OROS proposes a precise, flexible acoustical imaging system based on Near-field Acoustical Holography (NAH) with rugged and portable instruments. It is the ideal tool for sound source localization, quantification, and acoustic signature management.
The Underwater Holography solution offers highly accurate acoustic maps based on the sound pressure measured by a hydrophone array close to the hull of submarines and vessels. Together with the far-field radiated noise level prediction capability, it is the ideal tool for applications such as acoustic signature management and noise control of submarines and vessels.
- Different array design schemes adapting to surveyed structure and designated site (dock or open sea)
- Accurately localize noise radiating areas on submarines and vessels
- Far-field acoustic signature prediction capabilities
- Source quantification and ranking via evaluating global and partial radiated power through user-defined polygonal patches
- Estimation of the acoustic impact of local modifications on components
- Geometry and results import/export to Matlab® offering extended processing capabilities
- Calculator tool for results, perfect tool for benchmarking competing solutions
Sound Source Localization and Quantification
The Underwater Holography solution is found on Near-field Acoustical Holography (NAH). NAH is an experimental method which estimates a complex sound field in the immediate vicinity of the hull, based on the sound pressure measured by a hydrophone array. NAH supports sound intensity calculation, enabling source quantification and source ranking via global and partial sound power computation. Furthermore, the Underwater Holography solution employs different hydrophone array designs, adapting to the curved geometry of the surveyed submarines and vessels to enhance performance.
The Holography software can analyse results from all Teamwork instruments, providing flexible choices of the hardware platform size. The Teamwork technology enables to cascade or distribute the analyzers to measure up to 1000 channels. The scope and functions of the data acquisition subsystem are to:
- Acquire data from the hydrophone array and reference sensors
- Provide real-time indications of data quality
- Store the processed data for subsequent detailed NAH analysis
Underwater Holography Software
The Underwater Holography software performs all the computational work involved in the NAH ranging activities:
- Configuring the acquisition system and storing pre-processed data
- Array definition and management, supporting planar, circular or partial circular, and multi-line hydrophone arrays
- Test definition, acquisition setting
- Performing basic and advanced data processing functions
- Spectrum analysis (narrowband, octave band, user-defined band)
- Acoustic pressure and intensity map
- Far-field radiated noise level prediction
- Source ranking and screening
- Displaying results
- Spectra, color maps, directivity diagrams
- Linear, logarithmic, narrowband, octave
- Export to MS Word and Matlab®
Please refer to the datasheet for more details on the full list of functionalities (please be first logged into myOROS or create quickly an account).
R&D, Acceptance, Diagnostics