OROS at Automotive Techdays
Acoustic comfort optimization based on an innovative TPA method
OROS will present its innovative solution in Advanced Transfer Path Analysis (ATPA) to achieve unparalleled noise reduction results in the passenger compartment: Acoustic comfort optimization based on an innovative TPA method.
The project objective is to propose a full Advanced TPA measurement and analysis solution for the Automotive industry. TPA is an experimental based method to quantify sources and their transmission path contributions to a certain position: typically the driver or passenger position. An innovative technique called ATPA is introduced to allow currently unmatched performances:
- ATPA can characterize the response transmission paths, improving the possibilities of other classical TPA methods by allowing the determination of the part of response due to neighboring subsystems.
- ATPA allows to find panel noise contributions even if the panels are coupled, without any dismounting: other already existing TPA techniques working with panel contributions use the hypothesis that panels are not linked together, which is not a good description of the reality.
- ATPA gives detailed information about the noise and vibration paths. Currently, it gives information about 2-step paths, for example: structure linking point N -> panel M -> target’s position. Potentially, the method can give information about any possible path thanks to the direct transmissibility.
- ATPA can split the global contribution of a panel into air-borne noise and structure-borne noise.
- ATPA provides results on a wide frequency range. Current TPA techniques work only for a low-frequency range. The presented technique allows to calculate noise contributions for mid and high frequencies as well as for low frequencies.
Automotive Techdays is aimed at decision-makers in the automotive industry. The major players in the automotive sector in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region will present their innovations with short demonstrations (5-7 minutes).
OROS provides the automotive sector with a wide range of products and services for noise and vibration measurement. The goal for its users is to obtain an efficient evaluation of the vibro-acoustic phenomena by improving the comfort of the vehicles as well as their durability and their performance.